I haven’t done one of these posts in quite some time. Not because I have suddenly stopped loving my husband – quite the contrary. I love him more every day. Oh, how perfectly trite. But I really do. I’m just busy, you see! And I forget to appreciate him via Zee Blog sometimes. So here goes.
- He attended my baptism the other day, even though church definitely scares him. (I’m pretty sure he’s always on the lookout for someone waiting to pounce – to corner him, preach to him, and try to convert him. I can relate to this feeling, as I used to share it.)
- After the baptism, he asked sweet and earnest questions, like, “So, do you feel different now?”
- Tonight, after a long day at a thankless job, he came home and ate dinner with us. After dinner, we all sat around the living room while Eli read a bit to me, and I read some poems to him and to Fi. Then I read from Farmer Boy to everyone. I know he would prefer to just kick back, think about nothing, have to deal with nothing, and watch the news, but he’s a wonderful husband and father.
- Eli has broken the sprinkler roughly 49 times, and even though Brian wants to throw the sprinkler directly at Eli, he just shakes his head and has the same conversation with him, over and over again. “What things are you allowed to play with?” My things. “Is the sprinkler yours?” No. “So, let’s not hit the sprinkler with a bat again. K?” Ok, Daddy.
- Fiona has a nasty habit of dreaming about soccer, as near as I can tell. This manifests itself with her kicking Brian repeatedly in the face, generally around 3 in the morning. When I wake up to these shenanigans, I just put her back in her bed. If I don’t? He just goes and sleeps on the couch
- He doesn’t punch me in the head when I see the kids playing sweetly together and vocalize my desire to have 17 children.
He’s a keeper 😀